Brook Farm has long inspired writers, photographers, artists, artisans, and musicians. New Brook Farm invites the community to continue the tradition this winter by submitting photos, artistic representations, prose, poetry, and musical works inspired by this historic place to the third annual FOCUS ON BROOK FARM event.
Due to this winter’s severe weather, the deadline for submissions is extended to Monday, February 12.
New Brook Farm’s selection team will choose works that represent the many faces of the site for public exhibition and performance. Photos of the site and of works inspired by the site will be exhibited at Brookline Bank, West Roxbury, from February 25 through March 24. All works will be displayed and participants will be honored at a reception this spring, date to be announced. In addition, New Brook Farm will post all works and images of works submitted on the website.
All works must have a connection to the Brook Farm site and its history.
- All images must be taken at the Brook Farm Historic Site.
- Each photographer may submit up to three images.
- Images should be uncompressed JPG files at the final image size (8”x10”) at 300 dpi. That ends up being about 3.5-4 megabytes as a file size.
- Rename each photo as follows: Last name_First name_1 (or 2 or 3)
- Send each photo attached in a separate e-mail to: email@example.com, Subject line: “PHOTO [number of photo], [Your name]”
In the body of your message, please describe where on the Brook Farm site the photo was taken. Also state your age category: Age 6-12 Age 13-18 Over age 18
- PROSE AND POETRY:
Send a Word document or PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and age category: Age 6-12, Age 13-18, Over age 18.
VISUAL ARTS AND CRAFTS:
Send a photo of your creation to: email@example.com or simply send us an email so we can arrange to see your work.
Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your works, you agree that New Brook Farm, Inc. may display your works on its website and in public exhibition, and use it for publicity purposes. We may not sell your work or give it to a third party for use without your permission. You retain the copyright.